lunes, 11 de agosto de 2008

GI: JOE : Rise of Cobra (The Movie)


When I was a young boy, one of my favorite past times was playing with my GIJOEs, just like Transformers did last year, when they brought one of my favorite toys to the big screen, GIJOE is doing the same thing on 2009...


I was really happy to hear this news since I have been a fan of these toys forever, now I hope that the movie is carefully done so that they dont throw the money down the trash... I was always a big fan of the cartoons as well, so I hope that they get back to some of those roots as well...
Now to the details. The movie is being directed by Stephen Sommers (The guy who did the first two Mummy franchise films) and some of the actors in the movie include: Dennis Quaid (Vantage Point) as General Hawk, Channing Tatum (Step Up) as duke, the main hero in the movie, the director originally wanted Mark Wahlberg, but he was busy doing some other films, Sienna Miller (Alfie) as the Baroness, Joseph Gordon Levitt (Third Rock from the Sun) as Cobra Commander, Arnold Voosloo (The Mummy) as Zartan and of course, Brendan Fraser as Gung Ho... some other credits include, Marlon Wayans, Jonathan Pryce, Rachel Nichols and Adewale Akinnuoye...

Sounds like an interesting project, although many are saying that this movie will be a fluke similar to what they did with the Mortal Kombat series... fans are saying that the suits look like reject designs from the X Men Movies, and many have expressed concern with the soldiers look, which instead of showing them as soldiers, they are being portrayed as superheroes... I guess we'll just have to wait till August 7 2009 to see it...

I leave you here with some of the first teaser pictures of the film, as well as the sneak peak featurette... trailer soon...





saluuuuu

No hay comentarios: